Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 30, 2011


My hometown, Shenyang, is a beautiful city with heavy snow in winter which is located in the Northeast part of China. When I see the picture in the net, I remember the time of my childhood.
 As the picture, I could also do the same thing with my father because children often do ice skating during the winter in Shenyang. Shenyang has a long winter such that all the children in the city were familiar with winter sports. When I was little, I admired the children who had a skating cart that could play with friends on the ice. However, my father thought I was so young at that time that I could not be safe on the ice alone. Even I felt upset for couple days and cried to him, he finally did not give the permission that I could have a skating cart and play alone. I was so sad about this and had a big quarrel with my father. At the same time, Chinese spring festival was coming, and my father was so busy. I did not say any words with him for several days. When the spring festival came, my parents let me wore a new red cloth which is the traditional custom in China for celebrating Chinese New Year. The day after the New Year, my father brought me out and gave a New Year gift-a handmade ice-skating cart which was made by himself. I was so happy after I got the gift. And I asked my father to go play with the cart on ice. My father smiled, but he told me I need to play with him before I got old enough to play alone. I knew my father was worry about my safety and felt shame about what I did before. I thought that gift was the one of the best New Year gift I had received. But I felt so funny what I did in my childhood.


No comments:

Post a Comment